- 1 out of 4 migraine sufferers experience aura – visual disturbances that will accompany an attack. An aura can cause a person to see spots, wavy lines, or flashes of light.
- Migraines tend to run in families – about 90% of those affected have a family history of migraine.
- Children are impacted by migraines too – half of all migraine sufferers experienced their first attack before the age of 12.
- $36 billion a year is spent on healthcare costs associated with migraines across the United States.
- Migraines disproportionately affect women – 3 times more women than men deal with migraines at some point in life.
As an upper cervical chiropractor, I am specifically trained to analyze for and correct misalignments of the atlas. The atlas can move in more complex ways than any other vertebra in the spine, and this requires a different level of expertise to address thoroughly. Our atlas corrections are gentle, specific, and designed to hold. This restores your body's ability to heal and function normally, which can ultimately give you the lasting migraine relief you've been looking for.