So here you go; for all of you running out of your house in the morning, please get have this stuff in your fridge/pantry so you can make sure to have a healthy breakfast every morning!
Two new recipes I would love to try from my colleague & friend Rebecca Basilio:
- 1 Cup Raw Oats per person
- Frozen or fresh berries
- Flax, chia, shredded coconut
- Walnuts or almonds
- Sprinkle protein powder
- Sprinkle cinnamon
Fill half way with almond milk, cover. Let Soak in fridge for 2 hrs or more. Add Greek yogurt and enjoy!
Tip: for crunchier taste wait to add the nuts and seeds right before eating
- Toast Ezekiel bread
- Saturate in coconut oil
- Layer with Almond butter or natural PB
- Top with chia, shredded coconut and cinnamon
Optional: Top with banana slices
The most important thing is that you should try to have protein no more than 30 minutes after waking each morning. So even if your "breakfast" is a quick snack and you pack a healthy "snack" for later, you can still get your body's metabolism moving early in the morning with something healthy.
Some quick pick solutions:
- Handful of nuts (have slightly heavier snack in a few hours)
- Cheese with fruit (My preferences are apples or grapes)
- Hard boiled eggs make the night or a day or two before
- Yogurt with fruit & nuts (if you forgot to make your oats the night before)
- Lastly, I don't recommend this often, but once in a while when you really just need something, a prepacked protein bar.
If you have any questions or concerns, remember I'm always here for you. The journey to better health and lasting quality of life should be filled with love, laughter, and support. All you have to do it hit reply! And if you know a family member or friend who can use the support, please have them SIGN UP to receive my workbook & emails too!
You can always reach me any number of ways: by phone, email, or of course, in person at the office.
I hope you’ll stay in touch!